- Back to top
- Silk River Project 2017; UK and India
- DrawingWithWater Blog by artist and Env Hums Phd Candiate Laura Denning UK 2015 onwards
- Global Water Dance (global - ongoing)
- Surface Tension, Sound Map of the River Lea; Rob St John; 2014
- The WetNet; US; Current. Local water protection ideas
- Drawing with Water; Laura Denning; UK; 2016
- Lively Water; Deborah Bird Rose; Blog; 2016
- (Re)Connect the Nexus; Water Food Energy in Brazil (2016)
- Sweet Waters: Legacies of Slave Ownership; Bristol Bath UK; Richard White
- Facebook group - Water-Worlds.
- Tania Kovats Oceans 2014
- Littoral; Scotland; Julia Barton; 2015
- River Life a broadly inclusive program of the Institute for Advanced Study at the University of Minnesota
- Embassy for Water; James Geurts; 2012
- The River Churn Project An artist’s journey along the river; Jony Easterby and Nathan Hughes
- WATERLICHT; Studio Roosegaarde; Holland 2015
- Water for Life Decade 2005 – 2015; UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA)
- Street Lagoon; visualizing the urban water cycle in Philadelphia; Stacy Levy and community
- The Message of Water; Masaru Emoto
- Leven Valley Sound Explorers; Adrift; and other work; Dan Fox (uk)
- Multi-Story Water; Shipley (UK); Steve Bottoms, Lindsey McEwen & team
- Multi-Story Water; Eastville (Bristol) ; Steve Bottoms Lindsey McEwen and team
- The Power and the Water project; Peter Coates and Team; UK; 2014 >
- The River’s Voice; Confluence; Water Market; Common Ground (UK)
- Urban Waters / Urban Waters Voices; US;; Onging
- Art for Water; Christine Destrempes and team; US; Harrisville; ongoing (2015)
- Love Twr (Welsh) Love Water; Welsh Water 2015 ongoing
- Rainscape; Welsh Water; Wales (UK); Ongoing 2015
- The Confluence Project; NOVA; Antony Lyons + Jon Pigott; 2011-12; UK
- Wye Valley River Festival 2014
- Underwater Edge; Charlotte Still & Clare Whistler; UK 2014-2015
- About this section by Owain 06 11 2014
- The Freshwater Blog; International; 2010 owards
- Sabrina Dreaming (Severn Estuary Tidelands); Antony Lyons; UK; 2014-15
- Fluid Data project
- Ties to the Tay. Community and River Project; UK (Scotland) 2014 >
- Tears, Weather and Waterways (emotional water); Clare Whistler; 2014 UK
- Underwater Edge - WATER WEEK - a developing project by Claire Whistler
- The Nile Project
- Water Wheel project
- Cor y Gors
- Jony Easterby
16 months ago
16 months ago
16 months ago
17 months ago
17 months ago
The Message of Water; Masaru Emoto
I think the basis of this is that if information, thoughts and music are played to water, once that water is frozen – it will reveal unique and beautiful crystalline structure. Differing water will freeze into different structures. It is obviously linked to eastern types of spiritually/science.
Masaru Emoto died in 2014
From the website.
"It was 1994 when the idea to freeze water and observe it with microscope came upon me. With this method, I was convinced that I should be able to see something like snow crystals.
After two months of trial and error, this idea bore fruit. The beautifully shining hexagonal crystals were created from the invisible world. My staff at the laboratory and I were absorbed in it and began to do many researches.
At first, we strenuously observed crystals of tap water, river water, and lake water. From the tap water we could not get any beautiful crystals. We could not get any beautiful ones from rivers and lakes near big cities, either. However, from the water from rivers and lakes where water is kept pristine from development, we could observe beautiful crystals with each one having its own uniqueness.
The observation was done in various ways:
- Observe the crystal of frozen water after showing
letters to water
- Showing pictures to water
- Playing music to water
- Praying to water
In all of these experiments, distilled water for hospital usage produced by the same company was used. Since it is distilled twice, it can be said that it is pure water.
The result was that we always observed beautiful crystals after giving good words, playing good music, and showing, playing, or offering pure prayer to water. On the other hand, we observed disfigured crystals in the opposite situation. Moreover, we never observed identical crystals.
I published these results as photograph collections: “Messages from Water 1” (1999), “Messages from Water 2” (2002), “Messages from Water 3” (2004), and “Messages from Water 4” (2008). (All of them are published from Hado Kyoiku-Sha.)
Then in November 2001, “Water Knows the Answer” (Sunmark Publishing) was published not as a photograph collection but as explanatory book. Many of you may know that these books have become bestseller not only in Japan but also rather in overseas.
It is “beauty” if I were asked about the selection criteria of crystals. [See here for an edition of this book].
This world is filled with wonders and mysteries that get more incomprehensible if we try to think of a reason. In a familiar situation, for example, why do dogs exist and why do cats exist? Why do mice exist and why do snakes exist? Why are there cherry blossom trees and why are there willow trees? What is a human being in the first place? As such, there are so many incomprehensible things that we cannot understand at all." Source and more info here