- Back to top
- Silk River Project 2017; UK and India
- DrawingWithWater Blog by artist and Env Hums Phd Candiate Laura Denning UK 2015 onwards
- Global Water Dance (global - ongoing)
- Surface Tension, Sound Map of the River Lea; Rob St John; 2014
- The WetNet; US; Current. Local water protection ideas
- Drawing with Water; Laura Denning; UK; 2016
- Lively Water; Deborah Bird Rose; Blog; 2016
- (Re)Connect the Nexus; Water Food Energy in Brazil (2016)
- Sweet Waters: Legacies of Slave Ownership; Bristol Bath UK; Richard White
- Facebook group - Water-Worlds.
- Tania Kovats Oceans 2014
- Littoral; Scotland; Julia Barton; 2015
- River Life a broadly inclusive program of the Institute for Advanced Study at the University of Minnesota
- Embassy for Water; James Geurts; 2012
- The River Churn Project An artist’s journey along the river; Jony Easterby and Nathan Hughes
- WATERLICHT; Studio Roosegaarde; Holland 2015
- Water for Life Decade 2005 – 2015; UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA)
- Street Lagoon; visualizing the urban water cycle in Philadelphia; Stacy Levy and community
- The Message of Water; Masaru Emoto
- Leven Valley Sound Explorers; Adrift; and other work; Dan Fox (uk)
- Multi-Story Water; Shipley (UK); Steve Bottoms, Lindsey McEwen & team
- Multi-Story Water; Eastville (Bristol) ; Steve Bottoms Lindsey McEwen and team
- The Power and the Water project; Peter Coates and Team; UK; 2014 >
- The River’s Voice; Confluence; Water Market; Common Ground (UK)
- Urban Waters / Urban Waters Voices; US;; Onging
- Art for Water; Christine Destrempes and team; US; Harrisville; ongoing (2015)
- Love Twr (Welsh) Love Water; Welsh Water 2015 ongoing
- Rainscape; Welsh Water; Wales (UK); Ongoing 2015
- The Confluence Project; NOVA; Antony Lyons + Jon Pigott; 2011-12; UK
- Wye Valley River Festival 2014
- Underwater Edge; Charlotte Still & Clare Whistler; UK 2014-2015
- About this section by Owain 06 11 2014
- The Freshwater Blog; International; 2010 owards
- Sabrina Dreaming (Severn Estuary Tidelands); Antony Lyons; UK; 2014-15
- Fluid Data project
- Ties to the Tay. Community and River Project; UK (Scotland) 2014 >
- Tears, Weather and Waterways (emotional water); Clare Whistler; 2014 UK
- Underwater Edge - WATER WEEK - a developing project by Claire Whistler
- The Nile Project
- Water Wheel project
- Cor y Gors
- Jony Easterby
16 months ago
16 months ago
16 months ago
17 months ago
17 months ago
The Confluence Project; NOVA; Antony Lyons + Jon Pigott; 2011-12; UK
The Confluence Project; NOVA; Antony Lyons + Jon Pigott; 2011-12; Devon UK
A brilliant project about water, river, ecology, process and communities - with lots of on-line content and spin-offs
From the website
"Shadows and Undercurrents
Creative involvement with people, landscape, ecology and technology
Place: The River Torridge valley - situated in the UNESCO North Devon Biosphere Reserve.
Time: 18 months for observing, recording and revealing some hidden worlds, in this ecologically-rich setting.
Scope: Explorations into the shadowy twilight world of bats, and the hidden water/landscapes of the river and estuary.
Aim: To creatively highlight some vital connections, interdependencies and processes of ecological change.
Assisted by the i-DAT unit at Plymouth University (Institute of Digital Arts and Technology), Beaford Arts and Appledore Arts. Also involved were pupils from three local schools and a bat expert based at the Rosemoor RHS site.
Sonic and video explorations formed a big part of the fieldwork-based research. Specially designed wireless eco-sensors were deployed in the landscape, gathering information to feed into, and activate, our immersive exhibition installation-space at Appledore Arts Festival in June 2012.
The project forms a basis for on-going activities by the local community, schools and the Biosphere Reserve's environmental stewards. The outputs from Shadows and Undercurrents will morph and relocate to other settings."
See much more here